Flexia-Georgiou SA was founded in 1969, is a leader in the field of the production and printing of flexible plastic packaging.
We continuously drive sustainability in products and solutions, combining economic success, social responsibility and environmental protection in our business operations and thereby enable our customers to meet current and future needs of society.
We have committed to the principles of Responsibility and Sustainability and we want to fully comply with applicable laws and to adhere to internationally recognized environmental, health and safety, Business Ethics and quality standards.
- We comply with all applicable environmental regulations.
- We promote the safe and environmentally sound development, manufacturing, transport, use and disposal of our products.
- We ensure by using appropriate management systems that product quality and safety meet the applicable requirements.
- We use resources efficiently, apply energy-efficient and environmentally friendly technologies and reduce waste, as well as emissions to water and soil.
- We minimize our negative impact on biodiversity, climate change and water scarcity.
Health and Safety
- We comply with all applicable health and safety regulations
- We provide, a safe and hygienic working environment, bearing in mind the prevailing knowledge of the industry and of any specific hazards. Adequate steps are taken to prevent accidents and injury to health arising out of, associated with, or occurring in the course of work, by minimizing ( so far as is reasonably practicable) the causes of hazards inherent in the working environment.
- Workers shall receive regular and recorded Health and Safety training, and such training shall be repeated for new or reassigned workers.
- Workers have access to clean toilet facilities and to potable water, and, if appropriate, clean facilities for food storage can be provided.
- We support the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights, fight forced labor (including modern slavery and human trafficking) and child labor
- We uphold the freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining in accordance with applicable laws.
- We treat our employees with respect and provide a workplace free of harassment or abuse of any kind, harsh and inhumane treatment, unlawful practices or discrimination.
- We enable our employees and other stakeholders to report concerns or potentially unlawful practices at the workplace.
- We comply with minimum wages and working hours in accordance with local laws, and ensure compensation of a living wage according to local living conditions.
- We abide by all applicable national and international trade laws and regulations including but not limited to antitrust, trade controls, and sanction regimes.
- We consider business integrity as the basis of business relationships.
- We prohibit all types of bribery, corruption and money laundering.
- We forbid gifts to private or public officials that aim to influence business decisions or otherwise encourage them to act contrary to their obligations.
- We respect the privacy and confidential information of all your employees and business partners as well as protect data and intellectual property from misuse.
- We implement an appropriate Compliance Management System, which facilitates compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and standards.
- Ensuring the principles of sustainable development in our supply chain is important to us. You may acknowledge the principles stated above or demonstrate your commitment via compliance with your own code of conduct or company policies that embrace these standards.
Georgiou SA Quality Policy comprises in principle the complete customer’s satisfaction and the continuous improvement of product quality to fully meet their needs.
For this reason Georgiou SA cooperates with leading companies in the Greek and international field, inspecting the raw materials delivered to Georgiou SA, while puts into practice a Quality System according to ISO 9001: 2015 fully attuned with the needs and goals.
All of us at Flexia-Georgiou SA management and employees, we are committed to the following goals, because we believe in continuous improvement:
- strict implementation and continuous improvement of the Quality System according to ISO 9001: 2015,
- continuous training of personnel to ensure a high level of know-how and that everyone is aware of matters that improve the product quality,
- continuous modernization and exploitation of technology’s potentials for more efficient and operative work performance,
- respect and application of Greek and Community legislation concerning the products produced and the environment,
- reduction of non-compliant products during production,
- continuous improvement of customer satisfaction,
- constant innovation with the development of new products.
We believe that all of the above will result in not only the best possible image of the business on the market but also give us a sense of pride and satisfaction, Management and employees, working for the progress of Flexia-Georgiou SA.